EVENT HEALTH & SAFETY INFORMATION
YOUR SAFETY IS OUR CONCERN
The past few months have been challenging for all of us as we navigate these unparalleled circumstances and adapt to doing business during the uncertainty of the COVID-19 pandemic. One thing is for certain: this world-health crisis has reconfirmed the importance of personal connections and idea exchange as we support each other and our industry. We believe in the power of connection to share, inspire, and invigorate our community, and we are committed to being that resource in 2020.
Pizza & Pasta Northeast’s top priority is the health and safety of our attendees, exhibitors and staff. As we begin to prepare for the October 7-8, 2020 event, taking place at the Atlantic City Convention Center, Atlantic City, NJ, we want to assure you that we are following all guidelines set forth by the CDC, WHO, as well as state and local officials.
Pizza & Pasta Northeast is actively working with the Atlantic City Convention Center, who are closely monitoring the situation through updates from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the New Jersey Department of Public Health, the World Health Organization (WHO), City of Atlantic City and Atlantic County officials and our industry affiliates and associations. In addition, they are coordinating with city, county, state and federal responders for “real-time” intelligence and response protocols related to a pandemic response.
The Atlantic City Convention Center is taking precautions such as:
- The purchase of extra hand sanitizer dispensers placed in high trafficked areas.
- Installation of additional hygiene advisory signage throughout the venue, including all restrooms.
- Increased precautionary measures, including increasing the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting commonly touched objects.
- Many of the surfaces in our restrooms are touch-free using automatically flushing toilets, hands-free faucets, paper towel dispensers and hand dryers.
- Using cleaning products to clean all surface areas, including but not limited to lavatory fixtures, paper towel dispensers, vanity tops, mirrors and door handles.
Pizza & Pasta Northeast will be your only opportunity in 2020 to connect with your pizzeria peers and the suppliers that support the industry. In order to safely conduct this event, we have developed a Preparedness Plan. We feel it is in the best interest of our community to adopt guidelines and adhere to strict health-safety protocols, some of which include:
- We will create and install highly visible signage related to health and safety protocols that will be strategically placed throughout the facility to reinforce safety precautions
- Working with the ACCC and event staff to help lead our attendee flow-management process, including widening of aisles.
- Our registration team will reconfigure onsite registration areas to allow for physical distancing and implementation of queue lines where six-foot distancing can be safely enforced. Online, advanced registration is strongly encouraged.
- Attendees, exhibitors, speakers, sponsors and partners will be required to wear face masks at all times and maintain appropriate social distance. Masks will be available at registration upon request.
As the premier pizzeria and Italian restaurant marketplace, we thank everyone who has been focused on safely bringing us together to unite our community for this event.
Check back for additional information as we move forward towards a great show in October.